Welcome to the newscast.
The articles this week update us with news on quantum computing initiatives, how insurers are using machine learning, robots and volcanoes and other topics. There’s a horror story about a man being fired by a robot and some notes on what the government should actually consider doing in the face of large-scale automation.
Have a happy Fourth of July!
- House Science chairman debuts plan for National Quantum Initiative
- Insurers turn to artificial intelligence in war on fraud
- AI-powered cameras will help Japanese stores nab shoplifters in the act
- A team of AI algorithms just crushed humans in a complex computer game
- Get Yer Bread and Milk From Kroger’s Cute New Delivery Robot
- Robots deployed to collect live data from eruption’s ocean entry – Hawaii News Now – KGMB and KHNL
- FDA approves continuous glucose monitoring system
- The man who was fired by a machine
- If the Robots Come for Our Jobs, What Should the Government Do?
- Theory Suggests That All Genes Affect Every Complex Trait