Hope you’re enjoying midsummer.
These articles cover a wide number of topics. The themes this week focus on healthcare: mortality, fertility, obesity. Other interesting articles focus on the science of hot streaks, replacing traffic lights, and what tech might look like a decade from now.
As always find the links to the articles below.
Lord, what fools these mortals be! ~Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Machine learning predicts 1-year mortality using EHR data
- This Company Wants Your Fertility Data
- Science is trying to understand the secrets of creative hot streaks
- A replacement for traffic lights gets its first test
- Take me to the Year 2028
- How Artificial Intelligence Could Prevent Natural Disasters
- Here’s how Flipkart is using AI to resolve India’s address problem
- The Coming Quantum Leap in Computing
- Study Says Obesity Can Be Contagious
- Regulating AI in the era of big tech